Nu-Ice, Inc, a leader in the cold shipping industry, is diving into the fishing and boating world. This month, Nu-Ice is proud to launch the addition of the new Marine Series freezer packs to their line of successful products. Used as an alternative for bulky, fast-melting ice or dry ice, Nu-Ice is designed to keep products cold or frozen longer than any product on the market. Nu-Ice not only lasts longer than conventional ice and dry ice, it is also non-toxic, environmentally safe and reusable.
Nu-Ice was originally developed in 2008 for the medical field, primarily for vaccine shipments which require stringent temperature parameters, and it quickly caught on. The US Military, Pharmaceutical Companies, Hospitals, and packing industries have turned to this technology for countless uses. Now, the company is expanding its product line.
The Marine Series of Nu-Ice is a scientifically designed formula that creates a cold, dry and eco-friendly space in coolers and fish boxes. When properly packed, the Marine Series can maintain Sub-Zero temperatures for 96 hours. This product is packaged in durable, foil-reinforced Mylar bags in two convenient sizes and available in two temperatures (0C and -16C).
Robert Bowie, Vice President of Sales for Nu-Ice, states that “The company is excited about the opportunity to have such a well-developed product to offer to a new class of customers. When my friends and their clients started asking for the product to use in their coolers and fish boxes on their boats, I knew we had something truly special. The market practically created itself”.
Customers are just as excited to incorporate this product into their boating routine. Captain Tom Bean, an esteemed member of the boating community, recently tried Nu-Ice for the first time. He raved about the efficiency of the product and said, “The ice packs worked as advertised. We used them on all of our excursions and our drinks stayed ice cold and the food was fresh, not soggy. We were also able to utilize the packs when we went fishing and the baits were perfect all day. What impressed me most is that the catch looked like we had just pulled it out of the water. I was a rock star with the owners thanks to Nu-Ice.” Captain Bean believes that the Marine Series will revolutionize maritime recreation.
In order to meet increasing product demand, Nu-Ice has set up distribution for its Marine Series product through many area boating and tackle stores. In addition, a new manufacturing facility in Miami, Florida, the hub of all boating activity, has been established to further support this endeavor.
The PointClickFish.com Team is looking forward to testing new product!
Unique Advantages of Nu-Ice
- Extended Frozen Life - The retention of sub-zero degrees (-16°C) for extended periods minimizes the risk of spoilage and loss due to extended trips or unexpected delays. Nu-Ice can keep items frozen longer, including extending the life of ordinary ice.
- Environmentally Friendly - Non-hazardous, non-toxic gel with no special handling precautions.
- Reusable - Reusable until packaging is compromised. Will not break down.
- Dry - No ice melt / water to spill or spoil cooler contents.
- No Air Restrictions - can ship using any amounts by ground, air or any other type of transportation.
- Custom containers tailored to client’s needs.
Advantages of Nu-Ice over Ice and Dry Ice
- Nu-Ice is completely safe, non-toxic, non-hazardous, and environmentally friendly.
- Maintenance of the temperature of Nu-Ice and the frozen product at -16°C upholds the integrity of the product; because dry ice is so much colder (-40°C), freezer burn may begin, and as it immediately begins to dissipate, this promotes degradation of product quality.
- Nu-Ice maintains its temperature two to four times longer than dry ice, allowing for two or three-day and weekend and overseas shipments.
- Dry ice is always sublimating, and is expended under all circumstances, including prior to use, and more rapidly when exposed to arid environments.
- According to the current model, Nu-Ice provides a temperature buffer on arrival. Even when thawed, there is a cold liquid which continues to absorb heat and protect the product; once dry ice sublimates, there is no buffer to the package environment.
- Nu-Ice does not contribute to greenhouse gases and non-degradable polystyrene packaging, or to the use of petroleum-based products, which are quickly becoming obsolete as responsible, corporate citizenship grows worldwide.
- Nu-Ice can be stored at ambient temperature until such time as needed to be activated for shipping. Activation is achieved by freezing the Nu-Ice package for the required time based on the package size. This feature reduces the necessity of dry ice shipments and additional cold storage.
- Nu-Ice is readily adaptable to a fully automated production process, unlike supporting the current packaging needs, which in this case, necessitates shrink wrapping (an extra step in production, costly ventilation systems, and extra expenditures for hazmat handling).
- Nu-Ice, when placed atop the product, does not absorb heat at as fast a rate as a dry ice application, which must also be placed beneath the product to maintain optimum temperature.
- Our test results indicate the consolidated shipping model creates an environment that enhances the natural properties for which Nu-Ice was developed. Nu-Ice has the unique property of preserving energy under such circumstances.